An employee from a Southern California gas company and two other people were injured form an exploding water heater. Their injuries consisted of minor burns and the building that housed the water heater had minimal damage. This situation could have been a lot worse and it highlights just how dangerous water heaters can be.
One of those injured was a Gas Co. employee, Javier Mendoza of the utility said. “Our thoughts are with our employee and the others involved,” Mendoza said. “The safety of our customers, employees and the communities we serve are a top priority for SoCalGas.” Source: http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20141210/3-injured-in-sun-valley-tankless-water-heater-explosion
Water heaters that are not installed correctly have the potential to explode. This is typically caused by internal pressure of the water heater building up to levels that are not safe. All water heaters produced today have emergency pressure relief valves to minimize this hazard.
Water Heater Installations
The best course of action is to hire an experienced and licensed plumber to install your water heater. The pros know how to install a heater with all of the safety mechanisms. This is espacially important when dealing with natrual gas heaters. Gas water heaters emit carbon monoxide so it is imperative that the installation is done correctly. Also, electric heaters must be installed correctly to minimize the possibilty of electric shock as well.
Contact us to get a professional water heater installation in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania at a very reasonable & affordbale price.